Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: March 28, 2009

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 29 2009 - 12:18:25 PDT

I can suggest an easy tessellation lesson that I developed.
Judy put it on her web site:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/
6tessell.htm
She has others on the site too - you didn't say what level you were
teaching it for.
Mine was designed for seventh grade. I did a multi color linoleum
printing
lesson based on it once with a select group of eight graders once. It
was very
complex and I'd never suggest it be tried by a first year teacher.
Below is a link
to a page showing teachers in my tessellation workshop in 2007:
http://newmexicoarted.com/2007/Tessellation.html
Whatever you do - work through the lesson yourself first.
                                        Best of Luck, Woody

I saw the e-mail asking if the list was down - I suspect that many
are on
Spring breaks or watching basketball. The season is over for me since
my Jayhawks lost.

On Mar 29, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Paula Lawson wrote:

> Has any one taught a lesson on tessellations? I am a first year
> teacher and was thinking about possibly doing this with my high
> school Art I classes, with linoleum printing. Any ideas or
> suggestions?
> Thanks, Paula

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net