Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] Art304

From: Beth Edelstein (bme204_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 08:52:53 PDT

What a great project! I wanted to throw out a couple of websites that
might be of interest or use in this idea of artist interviews:

1. Museo magazine, an online periodical which focuses on interviews
with contemporary artists -
2. The International Network for the Conservation of Contemporary Art
(INCCA) keeps a database of information gathered via artist interviews
or collaborations or projects etc., which will be invaluable for the
future preservation and presentation of the art that is being made
today. Many times artist interviews are the only source of information
on how the artist intended his or her work to be viewed or presented,
or about the highly individual materials and techniques that people
have used. They also have some good information on how to structure an
artist interview and tips on things to is materials-focused,
as it is generally concerned with the conservation and preservation of
materials, but this might be a good site, at least to let students
know that artist interviews are an important focus in the "real
world"! Their website is: has some reading on
interviewing artists

Beth Edelstein
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
212-396-5523 (w)