[teacherartexchange] reply to tye dye tissue paper, making paper

---------

From: randy (dmenninghaus_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 16 2009 - 03:16:31 PDT

Wow it is great to be actually reading my digests again. Reading about the tye dye tissue paper
returned me to my youth when I taught k-8. There are indeed bleeding and non bleeding tissues. One test is to drop warm water on a sample and check the next morning if there are white patches where the water leeched the color out.

Making paper. We save scraps of construction paper to tint our hand made paper, but we use junk paper for the body. Old handouts etc. I try to buy some cotton linters to give some body to the paper. However we made the bast paper ever from pureed crepe paper streamers. Thin tough and brightly colored. They did stain the blankets tho.

Nice to hear about the conference. Keep an eye out for my wild friend from Maine, Stephanie... She is an elementary teacher going on her own dime.

Randy in Sunny cold Maine ( surviving my first year of teaching AP drawing.)