RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: March 14, 2009

---------

From: RalphandGretchen (schultz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 15 2009 - 16:34:26 PDT

HI Woody,
I've been mostly a lurker for the past few years but have been a member of
the list for about 10 years - and have seen much of your work. Besides
that, I live 30 miles from Springfield, MO and have been to Watercolor USA
many times. Miraculously enough, I was in the show when I was in Grad
School (Class of 1995) but not since then. Boo, hiss. (smiling, though)

It seems to me from recent shows that accepted work has got to be "Over the
Top" in terms of subject matter, technique, different point of view, size,
paint application, etc. I've even been seeing some mixed media, acrylic,
and media that I wouldn't have expected there, but I'm glad to see it.
Shows I saw in the 90s were very photo-realistic-oriented. They must get
hundreds of entries and their gallery is large but not huge. Have you ever
seen one of the show's catalogues?

Is your painting large? I think I would finish the background in keeping
with the rest of the painting, though. Then let the list look at it.

That's all I can offer on the spur of the moment. Hope it helps.
Gretchen Schultz

P.S. Sorry to "reply" to the listserv, but it's the only way I could get it
to send.