[teacherartexchange] Critique Please

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 14 2009 - 16:05:21 PDT

Critique Please: http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog09/
AtTheZooFinished.jpg

I just finished my watercolor of Tiffanie and Tim at the Albuquerque
Zoo. I hope to enter
it into Watercolor USA in Springfield, Missouri. It's a different
approach than I've taken
before. I left a large are of the background pure white. I hoped the
viewer would imagine
what Tim is taking a photo of. I wanted to avoid a complex and
distracting background.
Was that a good decision or am I deluding myself. When the subject
matter is so precious
to me it tends to cloud my judgement. I'd appreciate your comments -
my feelings can't be
hurt. I've entered Watercolor USA a few times before and always been
rejected. I've
developed a tough hide.
                                        Thank You, Woody
If you go to my blog: http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog09/March.html
You can see four earlier stages of this watercolor starting with the
drawing.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

Read My Blog: