RE: [teacherartexchange] Obama on Education

---------

From: Pokojski, Kelly (Kelly-Pokojski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 10:05:26 PDT

I agree, we need to have standards and make everyone accountable,
parents can't yell or go up higher and have consequences changed, we
need to hold kids back and we need to hold parents to getting homework
done.
But we also need to educate parents on how to do this, what effect music
and television or video games can have on development and education. We
need parents to be parents, not friends, and not take the easy way out

I have some great parents, but I also have those that don't follow
through and some who just don't care, and their kids are the same way,
which is sad