Re: [teacherartexchange] Obama on Education

---------

From: Ellie (ellenjm_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 09:52:57 PDT

I agree on every level, parents need to be held responsible for their children then who knows...Even in elementary schools, as I have found out. My sister worked in a high school that had over 2500 students, saw 35 kids a day in 9 periods, all of which she hated. It's lack of care from administrators toward teachers...sometimes. If there's no encouragement of why we choose to teach, from anyone, but more importantly from administrators we get run down and therefore care less about what we teach and who we teach.

Ellie