Re: [teacherartexchange] tie-dye tissue paper

---------

twoducks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 08:16:57 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Monica Howie
Subject: [teacherartexchange] tie-dye tissue paper

Does anyone have advice on creating a tie-dye effect using wetted
tissue papers?

1. My young students really enjoyed that aspect of "bleeding" tissue
paper
2. We did not use that technique in isolation...felt that it was more
effective if some of the tissue stayed on the paper for texture and
contrast
3. Not all tissue brands "bleed"
4. Tissue also bleeds on to the artists' hands and is nearly impossible
to remove
5. Ditto for art furniture.
6. We used white glue and water mixed, applied with stiff bristle
brushes.

kathy douglas
k-3 massachusetts, retired
TAB