Re: [teacherartexchange] Good art history book

---------

From: Pamela Heller (PHeller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 06:05:22 PST

Prentice Hall's "Artforms" by Duane Preble, Sarah Preble. I've used in for years as it offers good content for art appreciation and classic art history. I've never used the entire book, but parts of it. Check it out on their website.

Pam Heller
St. Ignatius High School
Cleveland, Ohio

>>> <mmoore@eastlink.ca> 3/4/2009 6:23 AM >>>
I am looking for a good art history book suitable for junior high and high school students. Something more engaging for that age other than Janson's History of Art. I am sure from this great group, there are some interesting recommendations. Something not too wordy but shows some excitement to the subject would be great.
Many thanks,
Mindy Moore
Nova Scotia, Canada