RE: [teacherartexchange] Good art history book

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 04:45:32 PST

For that grade level and purpose I recommend "The History of Art for Young People" by Janson.

I teach AP Art History and we use what we call the Hernia Book, the large Gardner book. We keep The History of Art for Young People in the room, as our "baby art history book", for quick, almost wikipedia, Reader's Digest type version of art history.

San D