[teacherartexchange] Aminah Robinson Web site (from Columbus Museum of Art)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2008 - 08:13:12 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know you will enjoy this new web site from the Columbus Museum of
Art. See Aminah's World:
http://www.aminahsworld.org/index.php

From the site:
Combining traditional art materials with found objects and everyday
materials such as buttons, cloth, leather, twigs, shells, and music
box workings, Columbus, Ohio, artist Aminah Brenda Lynn Robinson (b.
1940) creates magical two- and three-dimensional works of art. Welcome
to Aminah's World where you can take a peek into the mind, work, and
processes of this inspiring artist…

I was fortunate to see a major exhibit of her work at the Columbus
Museum a few years ago.
I was disappointed that I could not find much about her online at the
time. This new site is great!

Ohio teachers will especially like it as learning about Ohio artists
is part of the state standards. Aminah is from Columbus.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/