RE:[teacherartexchange] On Way to New Orleans

---------

From: Ellen Burnside (ellenburnside_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 04:29:06 PDT

Your post made me think of some recent tidbits I've learned about technology....from my Dad! Even though I am considered a Gen Xer, my Dad, who is an electrical engineer, is usually more up to date on technology than I am. My parents were here for a week recently and my Dad brought his new laptop with him. Evidently it has Verizon so that even if he is not in a place with "wireless internet" he can still get online. He also has a small device that is actually a GPS without a screen. He simply hooks it up to his laptop in the car. However, when the battery on the laptop ran out he realized it's a good idea to have a backup hardcopy map! On the bright side, my folks did get to see a little more of the locale than they had anticipated. As for me, since it's Spring Break, I should probably look into replacing the cell phone my great uncle (also a techno geek) gave me years ago when he upgraded. For a relatively younger person, who also teaches a computer art class, I sure am a fuddy duddy sometimes!