Re: [teacherartexchange] New Photography Teacher

---------

From: Joe Medina (jmedina_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 09:38:08 PDT

Dear Patrica
You need to combine both your digital and wet labs . Digital is a
great way to introduce technical assignments ex : Depth of Field ,
Time and Motion, Framing .
It allows students to immediately see/edit results without film,paper
and chemical cost . Once students have mastered this introduce the wet
lab . I teach digital and wet at both the College and High School
level , time and time again I have students tell me how beneficial
and engaging working in the wet lab has been for them in regards to
paying close attention to detail , concept and being very conscious
while framing and shooting ...You cannot teach fundamentals
,aesthetics or history of photography without addressing the wet
process .

 Sincerely
 jmedina