[teacherartexchange] Creativity and Fishing

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2008 - 12:04:08 PDT

Frani and I attended Arlo's concert at the Kimo last night. I put the
following on my blog for March 16th:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/March.html
                                                Woody

Last night Arlo Guthrie compared the creative process to fishing. If
it's song writing or painting - both take a lot of waiting. I've done
a lot of sitting there with either fishing rod or paint brush in hand
waiting for the next big fish or that one great idea to come by.
Sometimes you catch a big one, other times it's just a nibble on the
line. But, keeping your line in the water is what's important. Or, in
my case, keeping that brush moving across the paper so I can catch
that next big idea when it swims by. If the painting doesn't work out
- throw it back and keep fishing. Arlo is a quite a storyteller and
sometimes his words hit a philosophical truth. Arlo got much of his
storytelling skill from Woody - not me, but his dad Woody Guthrie. So
- keep your hook baited or your brush loaded - there are bigger ones
out there waiting for you.

Read My Blog:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/March.html

Watercolors on Note Cards