RE: [teacherartexchange] art careers

---------

From: Feldman, Amy (AmyF_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2008 - 10:38:56 PDT

You might try to get local artists in a variety of media who make their living through their art. For several years I was a costume painter and dyer for professional theater. I couldn't have done it without an art background. I'd try to find as many different kinds of careers that necessitate an art background; i.e. costumes, make-up, hair and wigs, props for theater and film, CAD, magazine photo editor, art historian, as well as the more typical careers that parents think of.
Amy