Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] color theory and assemblage lesson

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2008 - 10:06:37 PDT

I remember the lesson, but did not copy it. I beleive
it was a gridded photo cut into pieces. This was given
to individual students and they created their block.
The blocks were reassembled ito a large collective

Also on The Incrdible Art Department I think is a good
color wheel power point. As I said I thnkj.
Susan in Ohio
--- Carrie Maras <> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am going to be teaching a introduction to painting
> workshop for members of a mental health recovery
> center, I'd like talk about general color theory,
> does anyone have a basic power point they might be
> willing to share? Also, as the painting project we
> are going to be working on an assemblage of small
> painting put together to form a large portrait.
> Someone recently posted a lesson similar to this (it
> was done to honor a classmate and was in pencil, I
> think), if anyone has this lesson or one similar to
> it, would you mind sending it?
> Thanks so much-
> Carrie
> Carrie Atkins Maras
> Assistant Curator of Education
> for Community Engagement
> Cincinnati Art Museum
> (513) 639-2342
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

To unsubscribe go to