Re: GWAVA (7.5541) [teacherartexchange] Merit scholarships available for Summer 2008 in France

---------

From: Georgia Henkel (ghenkel_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2008 - 11:19:35 PST

 I would like to establish a school partnership with an art educator in
Berlin, Munich, Vienna, or Prague. I teach 7 to 12 year olds in a
private, urban school in Lexington, Kentucky as well as a Studio Methods
class for Elementary School teachers at the Univ. of Kentucky. My hope
is that we start an online art exchange/dialogue with students wherein
they share and critique one another's work. I am planning a trip to
Eastern Europe May 27-June 13 this summer and will be in each of the
countries mentioned above. I would very much appreciate the opportunity
to visit a school or institution that focuses on children's art
experiences.
Interested parties... please contact:
www.georgiahenkel.com or ghenkel@sayreschool.org

Georgia Henkel

>>> "Ann Li" <a.li.pasca@gmail.com> 03/07/08 12:56 PM >>>
We are introducing an opportunity this summer for K12 teachers to
travel and also gain professional development credit at our campus in
France. Post- Bac credit is available and graduate credit may also be
available. Since we are looking forward to applications with
portfolios from practicing artists, a modest number of merit
scholarships are available. the deadline for priority applications is
1 April with decisions made on a space available basis after that.

Please visit our website at www.pontavensa.org. We are offering our
sessions in conjunction with American University in Paris and
Parsons/Paris of The New School for Design. We also are the site for
Yale University's ISS@YSS: Institute for Studio Studies. We also offer
semester- long programs for those changing careers or on sabbatical
with more substantial merit scholarships available.

Ann