[teacherartexchange] What Paintings would make a good movie?

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 06:45:27 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is a message I wrote a few days ago but never sent....

A Thomas Kincade painting ("Christmas Cottage") is inspiration for a
holiday movie (one of those made for TV movies). What paintings do you
think would make a good movie? Might be fun to assign this to your
students - Have them pick out one painting and write what the movie
would be - and even select a cast for it.

Here are David Gran's selections (Carrot Revolution Blog):
http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/
Scroll down to "The Movie Version"

He found this on Modern Art Notes, Tyler Green's Blog:
http://www.artsjournal.com/man/2007/03/top_five_paintings_into_movies.html

Thanks David for including this in your blog. Folks are always looking
for ways to make art history/art appreciation/art criticism fun.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources