Re: [teacherartexchange] External hard drive for backups

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 12:00:50 PDT

I have an external hard drive and use it all the time to back up all the files I have. It plugs into my laptop via a usb port and then has to plug into a power source. Every month I hook it up and back up everything. I've had computers crash before and lost important files. To have more space on my laptop I usually delete the files I have backed up if I don't need them on a daily basis or if they are older than a year. Hopefully the external hard drive won't crash. Maybe I need a backup for the backup?? :-)
But kidding aside I think it's the only way to go.
Renee