Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] External hard drive for backups

Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 12:00:50 PDT

I have an external hard drive and use it all the time to back up all the files I have. It plugs into my laptop via a usb port and then has to plug into a power source. Every month I hook it up and back up everything. I've had computers crash before and lost important files. To have more space on my laptop I usually delete the files I have backed up if I don't need them on a daily basis or if they are older than a year. Hopefully the external hard drive won't crash. Maybe I need a backup for the backup?? :-)
But kidding aside I think it's the only way to go.

>From: carolyn roberts <>
>Date: 2007/03/28 Wed AM 08:20:47 CDT
>To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group <>
>Subject: [teacherartexchange] External hard drive for backups

>I need to backup my files and photos on my computer. Right now, on the most
>important stuff, I burn it to a CD, but I have too much to do everything
>this way.
>I'm thinking about buying an external drive for this. I'm sure that an
>internal drive would probably be faster...but right now, I'm thinking about
>the ease of installation.
>Does anyone have any recommendations?
>To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to