Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] External hard drive for backups

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 07:13:18 PDT

>I need to backup my files and photos on my computer. Right now, on the most important stuff, I burn it to a CD, but I have too much to do everything this way.
>I'm thinking about buying an external drive for this. I'm sure that an internal drive would probably be faster...but right now, I'm thinking about the ease of installation.
>Does anyone have any recommendations?

I like an external hard drive for backup. Connecting it with USB-2 or Firewire (if your computer has it) is about as fast as using an internal drive. External drives are better than internal drives for backup because they can be stored off-site so that they are not destroyed or stolen by the same thing or person that destroys or steals the computer.

To unsubscribe go to