Re: [teacherartexchange] mosaics

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 17:17:21 PDT

Have any of you ever created a "community mosaic" with
kids? We've done mosaic stepping stones in our summer
2 week art camps for years, but this year is our state
centennial, and we are thinking of designing a mosaic
that we could do in panels (6 panels, one for each
group of kids) and put them up/grout them when the
"centennial pocket park" downtown is near completion.

I think we would use that concrete-based backing board
like you use in bathrooms, leave gaps for masonry
screws, and then when it is up on the wall, add
bullnose around the perimiter and grout/seal.

Am I missing any steps? Any tips? Any good sources
supplies??

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator