Re: [teacherartexchange] what levels of digital technology will we be teaching in 10 years?! LONG POST

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 15:21:22 PDT

Hi Everyone-

I started this discussion up a few weeks ago and only got a couple of
step back and put things in perspective.

I think prior I was thinking....what is the point in me going back to
get an advanced degree in digital art if things are changing so
rapidly? My degree would be worthless after 10 years. At this time
most high school students would have the same skill set I have
currently.

After posting the question on a few lists, I am looking into an
educational or instructional technology degree. It seems to be right
up my alley. To understand WHEN and WHY and HOW technology should be
used in a curriculum fascinates me. I love all the doorways that can
be opened!

I feel so much better. Thank you thank you thank you.

Jen