Re: [teacherartexchange] what levels of digital technology will we be teaching in 10 years?!

---------

From: Diane Gregory (dianegregory2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2007 - 13:45:42 PDT

Hi Peggy,

I know what you mean. One time several years ago, I
removed all electronics from my home. It took me
three years to recover from all those gadgets. They
are back in my home, but I try not to overuse them.

Social justice issues are great topics for Wiki sites!
 Wikis are simple and do not require much maintenance.
 In fact, you could have your own students take care
of it for you. It can extend the discussion you have
in class to out side of class and bring in others from
outside.

Just a thought! :-)

Take care,

Diane
--- Peggy Woolsey <eoolspeg@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

> This sounds good. Unfortunately for me, I am fed up
> with ringtones
> and wallpapers for student's cell phones. I am
> becoming more
> interested in shutting down the machines and
> engaging in deep
> dialogue on issues of peace, ecological
> sustainability,
> discrimination and poverty. The promises of
> technology can be
> wonderful, and can be very distracting.
> Embracing my personal Luddite,
> Peggy
>
> On 25-Mar-07, at 3:28 PM, M. Austin wrote:
> > ! Having visited several TRC (technology rich
> classrooms) schools,
> > and seeing the total engagement of students in
> their learning
> > process, I feel that we are doing our students an
> injustice of not
> > integrating available technology.
> >
> > Students need to be able to take existing
> technology as a tool.
> > For my digital communications class I purchased
> Comic Book Creator
> > to help integrate writing into my curriculum, as
> well as a software
> > to enable students to create their own ringtones &
> wallpapers for
> > their phones. I don't know yet how these programs
> will work in my
> > classroom yet, but you have to be willing to start
> somewhere!
>

> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

Dr. Diane C. Gregory