[teacherartexchange] Karen Guin

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2007 - 23:20:15 PDT

Woody,
Thanks so very much for sharing with us Karen Guin's story. she has so much
determination and spirit that it is inspiring and humbling to think of the
adversity that she is overcoming. It also makes me mad to think that the
doctors gave her a medicine that did so much damage to her. After I had my
breast removed, I was told that the hormones I had been taking, which were
prescribed for me, were what caused the cancer. I also had problems in that
I had bulimia which was uncured for 26 years, though they knew how to cure
it when I was 16. So it makes me think that we should have better medicine
in the US than we do.
Jean Womack