Re: [teacherartexchange] what levels of digital technology will we be teaching in 10 years?!

---------

From: Diane Gregory (dianegregory2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2007 - 23:08:58 PDT

Hi Marcella,

As a self-taught educational technologist, I recommend
a strong philosophical, aesthetic, critical, basis
upon which to build a solid career in anything
involving technology. There are principles that can
guide you and as the technology changes, you can learn
the new technology and the principles will keep you in
good stead. Principles of good practice, aesthetics,
criticism will last much longer than technology. A
blend of philosophy and technique is best.

So the old addage teaching a person to fish is much
prefereable than giving someone a fish. So place
greater emphasis on philosophy and substance, but also
know the real world applications. The person who can
blend these two things together will never lack for
work.

Respectfully

Diane

http://www.episcopalcollegiate.com/academics/index.asp