[teacherartexchange] Additive color mixing

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2007 - 10:19:21 PDT

Hello art teachers,
I am teaching a home-schooling course in the evening to a couple of adults.
We have been using the textbook The Visual Experience, which is, by and
large, an excellent text for this purpose, with great studio exercises.
However, I ran up against a wall trying to teach additive color mixing
(mixing colored lights). I tried to use red, yellow and blue cellophane on
flashlights, but the result was uninspiring at best. They seemed to enjoy
the cut cellophane which was collaged and then put into a clear plastic bag.
That was from some other text, not TVE. Any ideas about color mixing with
light? Surely the drama and computer people don't have a corner on this
concept.
Thanks once again for your help,
Jean Womack