[teacherartexchange] glazing tip

---------

From: ruth campbell (campbellruthscott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 07:36:13 PDT

Hi everyone,
Our school nurse recently gave me a stack of medicine
cups-
the flexible clear type--that children's medicines
usually
include in the box- she buys them cheap in quantity.
DIdn't know if i'd ever use them, but they have become
a great
help when a small paint sample is needed, or a special
color
mix ( heavy paints, like acrylics)
Today towver, I hit the jackpot with a new use, when I
let several
kids who needed a small amount of glaze use them--
the surprise was that if they had glaze left over, it
drained out
of the tiny cup efforlessly, almost shed-- as of
course it does
when the kids take their medicine, and need to get
every drop.

I probably wouldn't use these cups with younger
grades,
for the small chance they might drink out of them.

Ruth Sea