[teacherartexchange] Jeff Wall - Contemporary Photographer - MoMA Exhibit

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 10:46:01 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Grace H. sent me Jeff Wall (Canadian) - he had an exhibit at the
Museum of Modern Art:
http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2007/jeffwall/

Info on a blog:
http://www.photography-art-contemporary.info/index.php/2006/02/05/jeff_wall

Tate Exhibit:
http://www.tate.org.uk/modern/exhibitions/jeffwall/
You can get an idea how the photographs are exhibited.

Artcyclopedia:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/wall_jeff.html

From Grace:

Jeff Wall is also a very cool photographer whose work was shown at
MoMA. He does his
photography on humongous transparencies and lights them from the back. The
subject matter was very thought provoking.

I had seen the online exhibit from MoMA, but don't think I posted it.

Regards,

Judy Decker