[teacherartexchange] Reminder to all to edit out email addresses in your reply

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 09:39:10 PDT

Dear TeacherArtExchange Members,

Many of you are posting email addresses of members when you reply to
posts. These addresses get archived on the Getty site and can be
picked up by email bots. Getty has removed your email addresses (as
they appear as _at_TeacherArtExchange). Please take a few seconds to
look at your reply before you click send. If the original poster's
email address is showing, simply remove it. Some of our valuable list
members may be reluctant to post to the list if you continue to post
their email addresses for email bots to pick up.

These members receive Spam because you put their address "out there".
PLUS their addresses get picked up and are being "spoofed" (sending
out virus emails).

It only takes a moment to look at your message - see if the address is
shown and just clip it out. If you have read the posting guidelines,
you would know not to post email addresses (unless permission has been
granted to do so).

Thanks for taking the time. Not all mail programs show the email
address (Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, and Hotmail all do).

Please do not post a reply to this message to the list.

Regards,

Judy Decker