Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: March 17, 2007

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 07:44:53 PDT

Pre-painting
Have the students do it the Renaissance way with an 'imprimatura" under
painting in a single color to establish the design and tone of their
composition with a small brush and thinned color (50%). The best under
painting colors are neutral like blue or brown (burnt sienna or burnt
umber) as these may show or be covered by the subsequent layers of
colors and not black as it is difficult to cover. Another concept in
painting is to encourage them to paint from the deep space first and
work on layers towards the foreground as it is easier to paint on top
than around ie in a landscape, sky, mountains, hills, valley, trees,
animals and flower details last. Good luck.

>>> "TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group digest"
<teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu> 3/19/2007 12:00 AM >>>
TEACHERARTEXCHANGE Digest for Saturday, March 17, 2007.

1. Pet food recall
2. Re: class size
3. RE: class size
4. My New Exhibits
5. Chihuly, Warhol, fiber art, fractals
6. Pre-Painting
7. Re: Pre-Painting
8. dog and cat food recall repost
9. Re: NAEA Video Presentation
10. Re: NAEA Video Presentation
11. RE: retirement
12. Chris Mohler - contemporary artist from Ohio
13. Re: retirement
14. Re: reglazing mugs (kiln vapors)