Re: [teacherartexchange] Pre-Painting

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 06:32:41 PDT

Excellent idea - I had my eight graders do drawings from
Kachinas I collected. Rather than paint on the original
drawings we cut more drawing paper to 11 x 17. We also cut
90 lb school watercolor paper to 11 x 17 sizes. The original
drawings were finished using sharpie markers so they copied
beautiful. I had to get to school early to use the copy
machine so other teachers would not complain about me hogging
it. I hand fed the cut paper into the copier to give each
student 4 or 5 sheets to experiment on. This way when they
used watercolor they did not need to be timid or worry
about messing up. We always had the original to copy
again or display.
                        Woody

On Mar 19, 2007, at 5:55 AM, BigCrab99@aol.com wrote:

> Sometimes, as a pre-painting activity, I take the kid's finished
> drawings
> for their compositions and Xerox the portion of them that fits on
> the copy
> machine. If I have cardstock or a heavier paper, I use that.
> This way they can
> try out their color combination on their "practice design" on
> practice paper.
> I order great heavyweight paper from Molly Hawkins that comes in
> 11 x 17
> and fits perfectly in the copy machine, either whole or cut in
> half. They are
> the only supplier I've found that offer paper in different
> weights, in both
> 12 x 18 and 11 x 17. My office supply stores do not carry heavier
> paper in 11
> x 17.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net