RE: [teacherartexchange] class size

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 18 2007 - 05:43:39 PDT

Believe me I am on the side of smaller sizes, but when you do the 'research'
you will find equal amounts of 'experts' on both sides of the issue, and
that is what I meant by the comment. I just posted the articles that sided
with how I feel about the issue, I could have posted other articles (with
just as much data and passion). Also, just like the global warming studies
(again you can find passion on both sides of the issue), class size has
become politicized, and in education it means "tax payers" vs. "educators".
As long as class size, and numbers of teachers are directly tied to property
taxes (at least here in New Jersey), this issue will always be "hot button"
between Boards of Education/Administration and Educators. That is what I
meant about my comment.

San D