[teacherartexchange] glaze question and clay looms

---------

From: marcia (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 14:03:31 PDT

1. I had a bunch of glaze drip off of a project and
stick to the kiln shelf (I did use stilts). I tried
chiseling it off and I cannot get it all off. I
looked at some posts online and they suggested using a
power chisel. I do not have access to one. Does
anyone have any other ideas to save the kiln shelf?

2. Also, we've been making clay looms. Most of them
have turned out great, but we had a little problem
with some of them breaking, because they are thin,
flat pieces. Also, the holes sometimes got covered in
while glazing (we tried poking through them with pins
before firing, but some of the glaze still ran into
it). Has anyone made clay looms before and have any
suggestions?

Thanks, Marcia