Re:[teacherartexchange] Technology in the Classroom - online tutorials

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 11:31:45 PDT

I am a big fan of Atomic Learning (http://www.atomiclearning.com). It
offers short (usually 2 minutes or less) video tutorials on specific
skills/aspects of software programs. It covers virtually all the
software programs we use at school, all the way from KidPix to
Geometer's Sketchpad and Photoshop. It even offers tutorials on the
SmartBoard and other hardware. You can search by platform (Mac or PC)
or by software title. Some are closed-captioned for the hearing
impaired. Teachers like that they can to to a specific skill - not
just watch a long tutorial on PowerPoint when they simply want to
learn how to do one specific thing. It's a great "just in time
learning" tool. Our school has a subscription which, for $1,000 a
year, covers the entire school community both at home and school.
Even though we had some major cutbacks on the tech budget, I
sacrificed one computer to keep this in.

You can request a free school trial that lasts a month. Individual
subscriptions are also available. Some of the tutorials are free and
don't require any subscription.

Melissa