Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] New Interactive from National Gallery of Art - Dutch Dollhouse

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 08:22:53 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

There is a relatively new interactive for kids from National Gallery
of Art - Dutch Dollhouse:

You need shockwave and a high speed connection. Dial up may take up to
fifteen minutes for game to load.

Copied from the site:
"In Holland during the 17th and 18th centuries, the 'poppenhuis' was
an adult diversion, but our online DOLLHOUSE is fun for kids of all
ages. Paintings by well-known artists such as Pieter de Hooch, Gerard
ter Borch, Jan Steen, and Johannes Vermeer spring to life as you mix
and match colorful characters, create decorative objects, and explore
the kitchen, living quarters, artist's studio, and courtyard of this
make-believe Dutch house."

I played with the living quarters.

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to