[teacherartexchange] science and art

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 13 2007 - 05:12:22 PDT

Pretty neat -

Ellen

Biotechnology on display
A gallery-turned-laboratory fuses art and science

 Who knew bacteria could draw? But here I stand, staring at a series of
black-and-blue line drawings of a rooster, rabbit, and spiraling helix
of DNA, all by the bioluminescent bacteria Photobacterium phosphoreum.

The drawings are part of It's Alive! A Laboratory of Biotech Art, a new
exhibit at the gallery at Montserrat College of Art in Beverly,
Massachusetts.

http://www.montserrat.edu/galleries/montserrat.shtml

press release:
http://www.montserrat.edu/news/press/250107press.shtml