Re: [teacherartexchange] animation

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 19:12:02 PDT

I do clay animation yearly with my middle school using the same basic
set-up: PC laptops & webcams, but since I have the only 2 Macs in the
district I use the clay animation software that comes in the Tech4Learning
kit sold in Sax for editing (the students all think a Mac mouse is
"COOOOOL"!) Funny the things that impress them! *L* They turn my office into
a recording studio for their animations.

I plan to have my high school digital communications class create either a
lego music video OR a stop-motion using themselves or real-life objects.
There are some great visual examples on YouTube.

Not quite the same, but I am also having my students transform their digital
images to look like a cartoon image and then creating comic books using
"Comic Book Creator". It is amazing how excited some of these students get
about storytelling when put into a visual context, be it video, comic books,
stop-motion, etc. A workshop I recently attended called the students
"digital natives" and I agree - it seems I am always staying one step ahead
of them!

~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids