Re: [teacherartexchange] animation

---------

From: Miriam Tobola (Miriam.Tobola_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 13:03:48 PDT

I am currently teaching a high school animation class. We are using
windows-based laptops and web cams.

We started out trying to use a free program called Stop Motion Animator,
but found there were some permission problems on the student computers. So
we ended up purchasing a program called Stop Motion Maker ($29 per
license). The kids really find it easy to use and there are some
additional options available through this program (i.e. rotoscope and
chroma-key). Once the students record all their animation frames they can
either create a movie directly from Stop Motion Maker or they can move the
frames into Windows MovieMaker to add transitions, music, etc.

I have found that my students have really embraced it and have run with
it! Now they're asking to do animations for projects in other classes!

- Miriam in North Dakota