Re:[teacherartexchange] Re: Any 4th grade extra credit ideas?

---------

From: David Lang (dlang_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 11:33:44 PDT

I'm not sure I understand exactly what the extra credit work would be for, and that is partly because I
don't really know what it is you are assessing with this particular assignment.
Are you assessing the student to see if they are able to complete a project in the required time? If
yes, then no extra credit should be given. Are you assessing whether or not the student understands
the concepts that had been taught? If yes, then perhaps there is no need for extra credit, as the
grade could be based on informal observations of the student's work, or perhaps a quick meeting
with the student to ask him to explain the concepts and show understanding.
Once you answer the question of what you are assessing, then you can determine whether extra
credit is appropriate or necessary.

David Lang

--
www.communityschool.com