[teacherartexchange] discover magazine (April 07) + autism

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ELLEN.SEARS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 08:23:08 PDT

Interesting article:

Autism: It's Not Just in the Head

"Harvard pediatric neurologist Martha Herbert, author of a 14,000 word
paper in the journal Clinical Neuropsychiatry that reconceptualizes the
universe of autism, pulling the brain down from its privileged perch as
an organ isolated from the rest of the body... "I no longer see autism
as a disorder of the brain but as a disorder that affects the brain,"
Herbert says."

 Ellen