Re: [teacherartexchange] painters of night lights

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 10:56:55 PST

Hi Wendy,

I just thought of Georges de La Tour (French Baroque Era Painter,
1593-1652) - many works with unusual lighting.
Here is one:
http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/l/la_tour/georges/1/09magdal.html
More La Tour:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/la_tour_georges_de.html

Here is George Wesley Bellows - Portrait of Emme in Night Light:
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/detail.php?ID=12576
Here is Club Night (mentioned by Ann)
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/detail.php?ID=1062
http://www.nga.gov/cgi-bin/pinfo?Object=60981+0+none

See John Singer Sargent Dinner Table at Night:
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/detail.php?ID=8159

Another good Hopper - Conference at Night:
http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/database/art.asp?aid=900&page=1&order=t

Look through more with "night" in title:
http://www.artcyclopedia.com/scripts/tsearch.pl?t=night+&type=2

Judy Decker