Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] painters of night lights

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 10:56:55 PST

Hi Wendy,

I just thought of Georges de La Tour (French Baroque Era Painter,
1593-1652) - many works with unusual lighting.
Here is one:
More La Tour:

Here is George Wesley Bellows - Portrait of Emme in Night Light:
Here is Club Night (mentioned by Ann)

See John Singer Sargent Dinner Table at Night:

Another good Hopper - Conference at Night:

Look through more with "night" in title:

Judy Decker

On 3/8/07, wendy free wrote:
> Hi!
> Am planning a lesson on the effects of light at
> night(especially interiors) and would love suggestions
> for examples - already have Van Gogh's pool hall,
> several Hoppers, Balla's streetlight, and Magritte's
> Empire of Lights.

To unsubscribe go to