Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Torn paper collage

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 07:55:04 PST

Hi Julie,

Here is a lesson on Incredible Art Department that you could adapt to
self portraits:
Expression Magazine has an example of paper mosaic portrait: scroll down

Here is an Arcimboldo lesson:
I can see how this lesson could be done in 3-D (a relief). Cut
silhouette out of foam core board and have it raised up. Make some of
the images in relief on that.
You could do this in higher relief using face casts (see Bunki
Kramer's mask on canvas idea - scroll down to about the middle of the
page). You can adapt that to the Arcimboldo portraits:

Mark Anderson has a life size collage lesson that could be adapted to
portraits. He did do portraits for the covers of hand made books (I
don't have examples of those)
scroll down to close up of portrait

Judy Decker

On 3/8/07, Julie wrote:
> Hi All,
> Anyone had any experience with torn paper collage portraits? Or
> Arcimboldo-style portraits? I'd like to try either one of these with my 7th
> and 8th graders next week. Anyway to create in 3-D?
> Thank you.
> Julie

To unsubscribe go to