Re: [teacherartexchange] Torn paper collage

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 07:55:04 PST

Hi Julie,

Here is a lesson on Incredible Art Department that you could adapt to
self portraits:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/leann-portrait.htm
Expression Magazine has an example of paper mosaic portrait:
http://expressionartmagazine.com/MA03toc.html scroll down

Here is an Arcimboldo lesson:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Nerina-ArcPortraits.htm
I can see how this lesson could be done in 3-D (a relief). Cut
silhouette out of foam core board and have it raised up. Make some of
the images in relief on that.
You could do this in higher relief using face casts (see Bunki
Kramer's mask on canvas idea - scroll down to about the middle of the
page). You can adapt that to the Arcimboldo portraits:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/masks.htm

Mark Anderson has a life size collage lesson that could be adapted to
portraits. He did do portraits for the covers of hand made books (I
don't have examples of those)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Mark-portraits.htm
scroll down to close up of portrait

Regards,