[teacherartexchange] painters of night lights?

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 06:13:16 PST

Hi!

Am planning a lesson on the effects of light at
night(especially interiors) and would love suggestions
for examples - already have Van Gogh's pool hall,
several Hoppers, Balla's streetlight, and Magritte's
Empire of Lights.

Also have some great artists to share:

Jos de Mey - perspective, surrealism, and refs to
other artists of his region like Durer, Magritte, and
Escher:
http://im-possible.info/english/art/mey/mey1.html

Paul Signac (pointillist) - I like him better than
Seurat! He does amazing watercolors, too.
http://www.the-athenaeum.org/art/by_artist.php?id=459
http://www.hermitagemuseum.org/fcgi-bin/db2www/quickSearch.mac/gallery?selLang=English&tmCond=Signac+Paul

The best - and ONLY, that I can find - online
collection of works by Futurist Gino Severini:
http://pintura.aut.org/BU04?Autnum=11.371

Thanks, and enjoy!

:D Wendy

 wendy