Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] painters of night lights?

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 08 2007 - 06:13:16 PST

Am planning a lesson on the effects of light at
night(especially interiors) and would love suggestions
for examples - already have Van Gogh's pool hall,
several Hoppers, Balla's streetlight, and Magritte's
Empire of Lights.

Also have some great artists to share:

Jos de Mey - perspective, surrealism, and refs to
other artists of his region like Durer, Magritte, and

Paul Signac (pointillist) - I like him better than
Seurat! He does amazing watercolors, too.

The best - and ONLY, that I can find - online
collection of works by Futurist Gino Severini:

Thanks, and enjoy!

:D Wendy

To unsubscribe go to