[teacherartexchange] Elementary Weaving - Plus Found Object Collage idea

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 14:34:13 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I have added Laurie Bellet's weaving to the lesson page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/middle8.html#Elementary
Scroll down to Friendly Loom weaving and Burlap weaving.

Here is a group collage idea from Laurie:

On one of my walls I have a large piece of clear contac paper,
sticky side out, adhered with a frame of colorful masking tape.
Whenever students find something wonderful (they supply their own
definition of wonderful), they just place it on the "sticky
collage." It looks great right now and, by the end of the year, we
will have completed quite a masterpiece! It also helps during clean-
up, considering the many 'treasures' on my floor.
Enjoy,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/