Re: [teacherartexchange] Art and Music History Collaboration

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 10:39:16 PST

Hi Amber,

You might want to take a look at the Take 5 Art and Music poster set
from Crystal Production:
http://crystalproductions.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/4993?osCsid=f769c5d9385b1310930abfbf0ba2f77c

Five posters with interdisciplinary activities included. You could
build on that - adding more art work and music from the artists/time
periods represented (for instance - Warhol - Pop Music from the
60's).... Romare Bearden - Jazz music and Harlem Renaissance. The
Warhol print is Beethoven so students could also learn about his
music.

Learn about more artists who were inspired by music. We recently
"talked" about Kandinsky.

Here are a couple files I have on Incredible Art Department:
Music and Art terms:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/art-music.htm
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/music.htm
(this file has some duplicates)