Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Art and Music History Collaboration

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 10:39:16 PST

Hi Amber,

You might want to take a look at the Take 5 Art and Music poster set
from Crystal Production:

Five posters with interdisciplinary activities included. You could
build on that - adding more art work and music from the artists/time
periods represented (for instance - Warhol - Pop Music from the
60's).... Romare Bearden - Jazz music and Harlem Renaissance. The
Warhol print is Beethoven so students could also learn about his

Learn about more artists who were inspired by music. We recently
"talked" about Kandinsky.

Here are a couple files I have on Incredible Art Department:
Music and Art terms:
(this file has some duplicates)

Judy Decker

On 3/6/07, Amber Ritchie wrote:
> I am a middle school art teacher and I have been approached by the orchestra
> teacher at my school with an idea to write a unit combining art and music
> history. Does anyone have or know of reference materials or resourses that
> I can use to build this unit?
> Thanks,
> Amber

To unsubscribe go to