Re: [teacherartexchange] Display Board joints

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 20:25:28 PST

you wrote:
>>Marvin--Do you have a way to set up the fiberboard so
>>it holds together? -- Amy

For free-standing panels we use wood framing sandwiched between two layers of tackable fiberboard or a layer of plywood on one side and fiberboard on the other side. There would be a number of ways to attach the panel corners. We fabricated an angle spleen in a wood shop. The spleen is inserted and screwed in place with wood screws.

You can find drawings linked from this page
http://www.bartelart.com/arted/exhibitdesign.html
Designing and Installing an Exhibition of Student Artwork

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for:

LINKS to .pdf Shop Drawings for tackable fiber panels to display artwork.
Sheet 3 drawing (24kb download, .pdf file)
Sheet 2 (28kb download, .pdf file)
Sheet 1 (40kb download, .pdf file)

Marvin Bartel
studio phone: 574-533-0171??
http://www.bartelart.com
"Art is me when I am myself." ... a kindergarten girl when asked, "What is art?"