Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Display Board joints

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 20:25:28 PST

you wrote:
>>Marvin--Do you have a way to set up the fiberboard so
>>it holds together? -- Amy

For free-standing panels we use wood framing sandwiched between two layers of tackable fiberboard or a layer of plywood on one side and fiberboard on the other side. There would be a number of ways to attach the panel corners. We fabricated an angle spleen in a wood shop. The spleen is inserted and screwed in place with wood screws.

You can find drawings linked from this page
Designing and Installing an Exhibition of Student Artwork

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and look for:

LINKS to .pdf Shop Drawings for tackable fiber panels to display artwork.
Sheet 3 drawing (24kb download, .pdf file)
Sheet 2 (28kb download, .pdf file)
Sheet 1 (40kb download, .pdf file)

Marvin Bartel
studio phone: 574-533-0171??
"Art is me when I am myself." ... a kindergarten girl when asked, "What is art?"