Re: [teacherartexchange] MA vs. MFA

---------

rpopek_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 14:50:29 PST

It also depends on what state you are going to work in. If you're planning on education each state has rules and qualifications that each educator needs to fulfill and even though you have a mfa that may not qualify you to teach in your state. I know Massachusetts changes it's qualification requirements daily (okay maybe I'm exagerating :-)) But it sure seems that way. Once you become an educator here at least all you have to do is keep it renewed with courses but becoming one when you've been in another field is difficult.
Renee