Re: [teacherartexchange] MA vs. MFA

---------

From: Sheri Fried (sfried68_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 14:37:19 PST

Hi Jen
To open your options for the future, should your
position be eliminated, have you considered getting a
masters in education? Possibly gifted and talented?
I have a Bach. of Art Ed from Ohio State and got my
Masters of Curric. and Instruction at Cleveland State.
 In retrospect, I wish I had gotten my Masters in
Gifted Education, as the position of art teacher is
never guaranteed, I should have something to fall back
on.
Being prepared to teach other subject areas/having
additional licenses, could be a good idea.
Good luck!
Sheri in Cleveland Hts.