[teacherartexchange] Rolling Display Boards

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 11:32:50 PST

Dear TeacherArtExchange Members,

Here is a post I made about making display boards:

My former school district made some large rolling display boards
(finished dimensions about 4" by whatever the door frame height was -
I can't remember now - they just cleared the top of the door frame).
2x2's were routed out to receive a Homasote board (Homasote is a gray
board that is made out of paper. It comes in 4'x8' sheets and is 1/2"
thick... you can push pins into it with ease - or staple). "Feet" with
casters were made from 2x4"s. I covered my boards with a tweedy
textured wall paper (a beige/grey tweed look). It was a good quality
vinyl wallpaper - and didn't show the pin marks -- and could be washed
easily if need be. It sure saved me a lot of time at art show time
(and throughout the year). I didn't have to take time to cover the
boards with paper - and the tweedy texture looked good with all colors
of mat boards.

Here is another old post I made about them:

But our district has had
about 20 of them made very economically. Ours are easily transported from
room to room--place to place. The boards are made with Homasote cut to about
43"x78" (? not sure exact dimensions). They
have a frame around them made from 2"x2"s (center routed out to slide over
the Homasote--frame is screwed through to the homasote). Each board has two
"feet" with casters (these feet are attached with bolts that can be removed
so boards can be stored or transported flat from building to building.) The
last six were made by our high school industrial arts classes (wood tech).

You can set these boards up in any kind of arrangement.

Hope this helps.

Judy Decker