Re: [teacherartexchange] what levels of digital technology will we be teaching in 10 years?!

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 03 2007 - 14:15:05 PST

Jen,

I got an MFA in sculpture from Pratt in 1977.

I spent a dozen years moving from sculpture to performance art and now
I do digital art.

I started teaching traditional media middle school art in 1990. In
2001 I changed schools and starting teaching a digital media program,
digital video to 6th graders, digital imaging to 7th graders and TV
production to 8th graders.

What I started teaching in 2001 was not possible in 1990 when I first
started. The technology was not available or too expensive for a
middle school.

What will happen in 10 years from now is any body's guess. I know that
I am interested in and excited about the possibilities and
opportunities that technology offers as both an artist and an
educator. It is that interest and excitement that will help me stay
relevant for the next 10 years.

--
Harold
Harold Olejarz